Forum Discussion

nebti_nassim
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Can't access farpoint spread native properties

Hi,

I have an application that I have to test that use farpoint spreadsheet. I added the library from which the class came from in my project Properties>CLR Bridge that should allow TC to analyze the process in depth and normally give me access to its properties (if I did understand well how it works).

However, I can't access to the properties or the grid objects of the class through the process.

So my question is; do you know how I could access those properties ? My goal here is to click on a cell from my sheet and I can't use coordinates that would change from a resolution to another.

Thanks,

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nebti,

The CLR Bridge feature works in a bit different way. It allows you to call methods declared in assemblies added to the project, as well as define the variables in the needed format. This feature doesn't add more properties and methods to TestComplete's Object Browser.

Our How To section contains a sample demonstrating how you can test this grid: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/9017/

nebti_nassim
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the reply, it seems that the CLR bridge feature has been poorly explained to me. 

I already saw that sample and wasn't able to reproduce it in my scripts since I don't see in TC the methods from the spread like GetText(colId, rowId, tempValue) used in the GetTextValue(wGrid, rowId, colId) of the sample.

Since I'm not able to see those methods, TC show me the error message "Unable to find the object GetText()". Is there a way to see those methods and use them in my scripts ? 

Thanks,

nebti_nassim
    Occasional Contributor
    We tried to compile with debug informations and unfortunately that didn't work, it seems that the run time type info is unable to get the properties and methods that we seek.

At last, we will see if we can find a work around that is acceptable in our test policy.

Thanks for the help!
      Neel
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Even I'm facing the same problem with same object, I tried a  lot with different methods but couldn't find any solution yet ( able to intract with it using text recognition ) . could anyone please tell me proper solution?   

Thanks

Neel