Ask a Question

Call Stack

Varunawasthi
Occasional Contributor

Call Stack

While running the Test Script I want to see which Function and inside which method is getting executed but always I see call Stack as Blank only when I pause the Test Run then I see what is running.

Is there any option/Setting which can Enable and see what running runtime?

Also on Top Left we see only Delay its running is there any way to change to see what function and what method there too?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: Call Stack

You're not going to be able to see the call stack live as the test runs.  There's no mechanism or display option for that.

As for what you want to see, consider using the Indicator object (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/indicator/index.html)

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
cunderw
Community Hero

Re: Call Stack

If you want to always see the call stack in your logs (by default it only shows on errors) use:

Log.CallStackSettings.EnableStackOnCheckpoint

Log.CallStackSettings.EnableStackOnError

Log.CallStackSettings.EnableStackOnEvent

etc... there are several options, they show up in the auto complete or documentation. Just set those values to true.

You can do it globally in an on test start event handler. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: