Forum Discussion

MSiddiqui
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Calendar Date Control Issue

Hi Guys,
I am trying to capture a Calendar Date Control on a form , When I click the Calendar control combo and try to select the today date, after Running the script I am getting the attached issue. Please see the attached "Calendar-Date-Control.png"and  "Date-Contrl-Issue.png" . Suggest me the solution.

Regards
MS

13 Replies

• Is the "C1Button" the "Today" button? (If it is, you should re-name your object more logically!)

Your error says the "&Today" window (another horrible object name!) is not visible. So it looks like that's the part it isn't finding. I presume thats some sort of container for the button within the calendar popup? How have you mapped it? My guess is the object properties (of the "&Today" window) are changing between runs ...

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Is it possible to enter date directly into the date text box ?

or try "HoverMouse( )" & then try to click on Today button.

(if it is possible for you, prior to click on Today button check Calendar Date Control is visible on screen)

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

Yeah, as Ravik says, the other possibility is you are trying to click on it too quickly and the full control content has not been rendered yet.

MSiddiqui
      Occasional Contributor

Actually, Script will run on upcoming days, so by selecting today date will always select whatever is current date. thats'y I can't enter manually input to date.

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

Well, you could.

You could use date/time to get the current date back and use that to drive the correct input to the calendar control.

I do something similar with time sensitive tests. I have to set a time, slightly in the future, in some of my tests to trigger certain events. I use the current time, add a few seconds/minutes to it. And break the result down and enter it into an onscreen control.

It's a little more work, but by no means impossible.

Doing system time adjustments, which then have to revert the system back to the correct current time afterwards, is WAY more fun! :smileytongue:

(I use an online API to get the correct time back and reset the computer)

But going back to your problem .... if your mappings are correct, then it probably is a synchronisation problem.

As a dirty verification, put a 5 or 10 second delay before you try and click the "Today" button. If that works, then you were trying to click it before it had a chance to render.

But that's a dirty fix. I wouldn't use it long term. Something to verify it exists before you try to use it would be the correct way to go about it.