Forum Discussion

mhoult22
Occasional Contributor
12 months ago
Solved

Azure pipeline issue combining Test filter criteria in Visual Studo Test extension

Hi.  I am having an issue with the Test filter criteria option within the Visual Studio Test extension in ADO.

I can use this:  Project=Preparation&Enabled=true and it works fine.

I can use this: Group!=Backup which also works fine. 

But when I try to combine them both ADO seems to fail on the filter and does not run any tests at all.

I have tried a lot of different combinations, but really I expected this to work but it doesn't:  Project=Preparation&Enabled=true&Group!=Backup

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

• Thanks rraghvani.  Yes I had seen that page and was using it as a guide to try and help. 

In the end I dropped the "Project" criteria as I realised I didn't need it.

I tried Enabled=true&Group!=Backup which didn't work, so I swapped them round to Group!=Backup&Enabled=true and this did work!  Nothing mentioned that the order was important but it looks like it is.

2 Replies

mhoult22
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks rraghvani.  Yes I had seen that page and was using it as a guide to try and help. 

In the end I dropped the "Project" criteria as I realised I didn't need it.

I tried Enabled=true&Group!=Backup which didn't work, so I swapped them round to Group!=Backup&Enabled=true and this did work!  Nothing mentioned that the order was important but it looks like it is.