Forum Discussion

qidi1996
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

An error(Unable to connect to TestComplete) was reported in the Azure Pipeline

Hi guys,

I want to integrate testcomplete in the Azure Pipeline, but when I upload the test document to Azure Repos and execute it using the Pipeline, I always get the following error. What is the reason? How do I fix this?

I hope someone can help me. Thanks

##[error]Failed to get a list of tests from the "D:\a\1\s\TestProjectBaiDu\TestProjectBaiDu.pjs" file due to the following error: Unable to connect to TestExecute: Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

##[error]Failed to get a list of tests from the "D:\a\1\s\TesComplete\TestAzureDevops.pjs" file due to the following error: Unable to connect to TestComplete: All available TestComplete license seats are currently in use.All available TestComplete license seats are currently in use. TestComplete could not start because the license check has failed.

• I fixed this problem because of the license type. The trial version has two license types, one is TestComplete Pro and the other is normal version. The TestExecute permission is set in the Pro version, which is only available in the Pro version.

3 Replies

qidi1996
    Occasional Contributor

I tried the following:
    * Launch TestExecute.
    * Go to the TestExecute options, there Engines -> General, and make sure "Enable support for Windows Store applications" is turned off.
    * Close TestExecute and run the test again.

But nothing has changed, what should I do?

Kitt
      Regular Contributor

Do you have another instance of TestComplete open somewhere? You should be able to see where your licenses are in use from the TC license manager portal. It appears from your screenshot that you have 1 floating desktop license that is currently in use - which is usually what causes a "All available license seats are currently in use" error. Also, the MS-hosted agent or virtual machine must have access to the SmartBear license servers, so check with your system admin if you have any firewall rules setup within your Azure tenant that may prevent you from accessing the Smartbear servers:

"Currently, all the control over license use is performed by the SmartBear license servers available 24×7. The computer where you are running TestComplete/TestExecute must have permanent access to these servers. That is, the proxies and firewalls running in your network should allow connection to them:"

[reference]

qidi1996
        Occasional Contributor

I fixed this problem because of the license type. The trial version has two license types, one is TestComplete Pro and the other is normal version. The TestExecute permission is set in the Pro version, which is only available in the Pro version.