Forum Discussion

Everseeker
Contributor
9 years ago

2 Quick "Variable Handling" questions...

Hi,

I know I have been asking a lot of... simple... questions of late, but I am moving from QTP to TC and need to move along quickly. Some things that I know how to do are NOT so simple any more...

Two examples, from One use case.

OK, So I am looking at a page... full of objects... nice "Label" objects.  I need to "select" one... save it for later.

MyVariable=Aliases.Samtec_ShopFloorControl_AppHost.TaskManagerForm.MdiClient.ManufacturingOrderForm.Panel1.ManufacturingCenterLabel1

is NOT correct....

Once I have this variable, I go do "Other things... Wondurful things..." then I arrive at a table.

I need to look at this table... I need to know if that variable I captured before is ANYWHERE in column4 (many hundreds of rows possible)

if (MyVariable == Aliases["Samtec_ShopFloorControl_AppHost"]["TaskManagerForm"]["MdiClient"]["ManufacturingOrderForm"]["SplitContainer1"]["SplitterPanel"]["Panel3"]["ProcessOrdersUltraGrid"], "wValue(0, \"Process\")")

is not even really close. and the

wValue(0, "Process") checks the first element

wValue(1, "Process") checks the next element

and so on, to a max (that IS a member of this object at least

So I would have to nest a for loop in this if loop?  Hope there's an easier way...

1 Reply

• Sounds like you're capturing the first variable as an object. And then comparing an object against the value of the table cells.

Which isn't going to work.

You need to capture a property (value/caption/text or something I expect) and compare that against the values in the table cells ...