Forum Discussion

ashwinpendyala
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

support for react native developed mobile apps

We have requirement of automating the mobile app developed in react native platform(combination of react + Native). So is there any way to automate these apps using test complete.

Any one has using these kind of apps??

13 Replies

ashwinpendyala
      Occasional Contributor

cunderw 

thanks for the reply. I have some clarifications regarding the topic.

Should Mobile App needs to be ejected and Built? Can you provide detailed information regarding this??

OR

Usually i instrument the apk files using Testcomplete IDE with default Debug Certificates. Is this referring the same??

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/mobile/android/preparing/instrumenting-apps/user-interface.html

OR

So do we need to re-compile the Mobile App source code with Patch Services you were mentioning right??

I am pure QA and dont have knowledge of doing all these. Can Mobile App developers do these??

cunderw
        Community Hero

Referring to your post in the feature request post you logs look like you are trying to simulate actions on objects that are not visible on your screen.

If you can already see objects from your application in the object browser you shouldn't need to do anything else with your APK, you are already seeing the internals.

As for why your actions are failing, we will need a lot more info. Code examples, pictures of any mapping you have done, pictures of your object browser for the objects that your actions are failing on and the additional information of your errors in the log.