cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object doesn't exist in different scenario

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Object doesn't exist in different scenario

In a condition, where i am using If....elseIf. I need to check more than 2 items to be exist or not. so i am doing like:
Set A = '(element page address)
Set B = '(element page address)

Set C = '(element page address)

but when execution comes to these lines, it gives me "Object doesn't exist". Please understand my question first. If that element exist on application Example:
1) If  A exists but B and C not, in that condition execution will go through all the lines Set A, Set B, Set C . Because object A exist so it will not give me error but for gone through B and C only it give me error like"Object doesn't exist".
Yes it will not effecting my script execution but i am getting error in test log, So how should i handle it

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Object doesn't exist in different scenario

This is something inheritance with test complete..

You are checking exists property of B

(for easy explanation take visible property )

if B is not there you can not check it's visible property value( true or false). It gives you an error.

sameway if B is not there, if you check of exist property,  will give you error.

To avoid getting error you can use wait methods as shown below

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/common-tasks/checking-existence.html?q=c...

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/members/common-for-all/waital...

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Converting UTC TimeDate in an Excel file

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors