Forum Discussion

harsh_chhibber
Contributor
10 years ago

Mobile testing issue-Unable to simulate a touch on the control, because the control is not visible on screen (it can be overlapped by some other control).

Mobile Testing Issue-

7 Replies

• I have encountered the same kind of issue on Android.  We have a "title bar" containing icons which vary depending on which screen we are.  Having a lot of problems to touch these icons, I was getting the same message. 

What I have found with the spying of objects for a given hierarchy (a lot longer than this...)

myApp
      ScreenLayout
        TitleBar
           Items_Control
             RightSide_Icons
               Button_IconOne
                 Image_IconOne
               Button_IconTwo
                 Image_IconTwo

You might be trying to touch the Button_IconOne object, but in my case it had a child Image_IconOne object of the exact same size creating the overlapped issue. Both the button and its child have the same top, left width and height values and they are both Enabled and VisibleOnScreen. 

To go around this, I made a subroutine to touch the highest ScreenLayout (the first one under MyApp) using the coordinates of the buttonIcon (Top +20, Left+20) to touch with the targeted object.

My tests run and different Android levels and différents devices and they all use this little sub (to go around the title bar icons issue)

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Thank you a lot for sharing the tip and detailed description!

Just wondering: have you tried to Touch the image, but not the button? Didn't it work?

slecault
        Contributor

Hi Alex,

I have not tried to touch its child.  The Button object in my case is at a depth of approximately 17, and it goes 4 levels deeper when we consider its children. The Button for us has a Field Description allowing me to identify it and map it. Its 1st level child is the exact same place (coordinates and size), the grand child are a bit smaller.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

Sometime this happens.

The more details you provide about the problem (except some generic error message), the more chances to get a meaningful answer or piece of advice.
    kshama
    New Contributor

Hi,

Even I am facing same issue on performing a button click in the application in landscape mode.

I am observing this issue after upgrading OS from Marshmallow to Nougat and that too in specific tab (device of  8.9 inch ).

May i know how this can be resolved ..?

Thanks,

Kshama

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

By definition, the UI element cannot be clicked if it is overlapped by some other UI element.

You must investigate your application using Object Spy in TestComplete and proceed according to the result of the investigation.

It may be that the target control is indeed overlapped by some other one, which is probably a problem with your tested application that must be corrected.

It may be that TestComplete erroneously considers that the control is overlapped while it is not. In this case your best bet will be to contact Support to let guys to improve TestComplete.

As a workaround you may try just to click by coordinates using the Device.Touch() method.