cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to compare the PDF files in a folder with previous version as the base in test complete

SOLVED
Contributor

how to compare the PDF files in a folder with previous version as the base in test complete

We have a folder which containg 15 pdfs and we need to verify that with previous version as the base for every relese. how do we achieve this in our automation testing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: how to compare the PDF files in a folder with previous version as the base in test complete

Read PDF files using this.

https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/testing-pdf-files-with-testcomplete

Basically, write the code to open the two PDFs you want to compare and compare the contents using PDF box.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

Re: how to compare the PDF files in a folder with previous version as the base in test complete

Read PDF files using this.

https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/testing-pdf-files-with-testcomplete

Basically, write the code to open the two PDFs you want to compare and compare the contents using PDF box.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Extensions available
Contributor

Robert,

Thanks for the link.

we are using VB script in test complete. the PDF box needs Java. Can we still implement this?

Community Hero

PDF Box requires the java bridges and links but that is only for integration.  You can write the actual implementation code in VBSCript.  Adapt the JavaScript from that page to VBScript.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
Contributor

Thanks  Robert.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
API Testing Mistake #2
APITestingMistake#2