cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ctrl+click on commented function name jumps to function...not anymore in 12.30?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

ctrl+click on commented function name jumps to function...not anymore in 12.30?

in our script units, we tend to have a commented index at the top of the file where we list all functions with a short one-line help you can use:

/**
List of functions: 
- doSomething                          = this does something
- doAnotherThing                     = this does another thing

*/

in 12.20, you could ctrl+click on doSomething to jump to that function. In 12.30, this does not work anymore (for commented out function names, not in regular code). Was this intentional or a bug?

I know you can use the combo-box with all the functionsin the script unit, but ctrl+click happened to be very convenient for us because our index was better searchable (not just alphabetic)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: ctrl+click on commented function name jumps to function...not anymore in 12.30?

I have created a bug report. Thanks for the link.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: ctrl+click on commented function name jumps to function...not anymore in 12.30?

Hm... Regardless of whether this was done for purpose or is a problem, I would like to have this feature back as well.

Why not to draw Support's attention via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form ?

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Highlighted
Contributor

I have created a bug report. Thanks for the link.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this post.

I was just talking about this issue with my SmartBear sales rep. yesterday.

That was a great function to help navigate to functions used in my case of a function index at

top of a code module.

Will watch this post to see what transpires.

JamesK