Forum Discussion

nimishbhuta
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

Unable to get the correct row count from the table.

Hello All, 

I have added table object for web application in the NameSpace and wanted to know the row count of the table. There are many rows in  the table but when I try with Tableobject.RowCount it is showing only 1 row.

When I checked the property RowCount in the table object- NameSpace it is showing me "1". I don't how to get the exact row count which is displayed in the screen. In UFT,we were using GetROproperty which will pick the row count from the screen and not from object repository. 

Is there any way how we can find the exact row count?

Regards,

Nimish 

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The NameMapping (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "name space") does not store the live properties of the application under tests.  It simply stores what properties and methods are available (if you have the option enabled to do so).  

If you want to see what's actually in the screen, use the Object Spy tool to select the table on screen and examine the property set.  Or, you can go to the Object Browser and find your table that way.  Either way, the RowCount property will display the actual rowcount for your table...