Forum Discussion

mugheessiddiqui
Contributor
8 years ago

TestComplete 11 integration with Visual Studio Professional 2013

I want to integrate TestComplete 11 with Visual Studio Professional 2013 and I have read the document 2. Creating and Configuring Test Projects (Running TestComplete Tests as Part of a Test Plan)

When I go to add new test project in Visual Studio 2013 using select File | New | Project from Visual Studio’s main menu.

It does not display TestComplete Test Project.

I have verified in Visual Studio that TestComplete 11 Test Type available in Installed Tools. Please help me to configure the TestCompleteTestProject Template in Visual Studio.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete does not show up as a project type... this is expected.  You will create, in VS, a test project as a C# project (or other code language) as indicated in the dialog.  Once you have created the project, you can then add your TestComplete item to your solution as per step 2 in the link you provided.

hkwan003

I followed all the steps correctly to create a new project and create a new test to pull in the TestComplete test files. I have tried installing the integration package multiple times and it still doesn't show up when I try to integrate it. I am also using Visual Studio 2017.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/ms-vs/alm/preparing.html

I have been following every step as prescribed by the documentation. Is there a reason why it wouldn't appear. The integration package knows it is installed but I just cannot see it when I am trying to add a new item.