Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Checkpoint: Image Comparsion Mask

Highlighted
Contributor

Region Checkpoint: Image Comparsion Mask

Hello,

i tried to specify the image comparsion mask for a region checkpoint, but no mask appears in preview (as you can see on the screenshot - yes i clicked the plus arrow before!). What i´m doing wrong?

viva la software ergonomica!
Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Region Checkpoint: Image Comparsion Mask

The image mask starts out including everything in your image.  Use the cursor to define an area on the image.  If you then click on the '+', you will add that area to mask.  '-' will remove it.

If your mask is all white to begin with, adding to the mask won't change anything.

-----
Joseph
Highlighted
Contributor

I defined the area and clicked on '+' but there appears no mask preview.

Highlighted

?  But there is a mask preview.  It is showing in the image that you included.  Perhaps a review of the documentation can help:

Region Checkpoint Wizard - Edit Comparison Mask Page

Using Comparison Mask

-----
Joseph
Highlighted
Contributor

As you can see on the attached screenshot, there is no "preview" after including the selected area into comparsion. When i´m saving the mask to region files, there is only a blank image.

Highlighted

Ah.  I see (I think...)

When creating a new image comparison mask, the reference image is provided as a guide.  (Otherwise, how would you know what to include or exclude from your mask if you can't see what in the original image to leave in or cut out?)  What we are doing is creating the mask.  We are not saving an image to the store, we are saving the mask and we want to see a preview of the mask before saving.

However, I think you're expecting to see the masked image as well as an example of what would happen when the mask is applied to the image.  If so, I think that is a great idea!  It would certainly make it obvious what would happen during the comparison.

Please make the suggestion to our Feature Request forum:

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/idb-p/TestXCompleteFeatureRequests

-----
Joseph
Highlighted
Contributor

Okay after editing the image with inkscape & paint it is showing me that what i want to see ... (as you can see on the screenshot). The question now is: why does it work when i edit the image manually and not when i´m creating an new mask in the comparsion menu?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Changing options from outside of TestComplete

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!

Comparing content of HTML table with Excel file data

Participate!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in the file

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors