Forum Discussion

daianovich
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Qt support in TestComplete

I read TestComplete documentation and did not understand some things:

1. Does TestComplete sees Qt application of supported Qt library as "white-box" application without any Debug info (using Debug Info Agent for example)?

For example I have release version of Qt application - it is optimized and does not have any debug info, will TestComplete see through it?

2. How Does TestComplete know the structure of Qt application?

It only uses debug information and Accessability or it can understand generated by Visual Studio binary file?

3. If Qt application uses dinamically linked libraries, will TestComplete see all it's structure without providing debug information of libraries?

I think it will be really time consuming task to parse all debug info for all linked libraries. And does that mean, that I need to build Qt sources?

I just does not properly understand, will I need to prepare Qt application as a Visual Studio one (turning on debug indormation and turning off oprimization) or Qt application is a Qt one and Visual Studio means primarily MFC-application?

4. If TestComplete sees a Qt application as "white box" (if I even switch the flag to parse dynamic library debug information), will it see All controls or only standard ones and if I create my own class, derived from Qt one, I need to set flag in Object Mapping? Do I need to add my "custom" classes only if they are not derived from Qt-ones and implement similar behaviour?

5. I heared, that many of Qt-object's properties are accessable if Qt-application is "white box", but most of propertes (as windowTitle) are writable and have type *IDispatch. How to work with such properties? How to read them and change them? They can be changd and it is interesting to know how? This is representation of QtString in that case - does TestComplete gives instruments to handle them in scripts like strings?

2 Replies

daianovich
    Occasional Contributor
    Is there anyone, who can answer at least some of my questions?
  • I don't have answers to your questions. I just wanted to say that IMHO the simplest and at the same time the most effective way to find out if TestComplete will suite your needs is to try it. Trial version of TestComplete is free and fully functional.