Forum Discussion

MHE
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Object spy unable to identify popup window in Chrome

Hi there,

I am doing automation test for website appliction. Object spy is unable to identify the popup window in Chrome browser.

Howevery my collegue is able to identify same popup with Chrome in her machine. It can't help after I reset browser's setting.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Michael

• Hi Michael,

I would start from comparing versions and bitnesses of both TestComplete and Chrome on your and your colleague's machines and then proceed to check if the same version of TestComplete Chrome extension is installed in your and her Chrome.

MHE
    6 years ago

Hi Alex,

I just updated lasted TestComplete and Chrome. It is working properly now.

Thank you so much,

Michael

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Michael,

I would start from comparing versions and bitnesses of both TestComplete and Chrome on your and your colleague's machines and then proceed to check if the same version of TestComplete Chrome extension is installed in your and her Chrome.

MHE
      Occasional Contributor

Alex,

Thanks for quick repsonse.

My colegue

Test complete version:

Version: 12.50.4142.7 x64
      My pc: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (6.1 Build 7601)

Chrome version:
      Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Test complete google extension version:
      Version

My version

Test complete version:

Version: 12.42.3048.7 x86  
      My pc: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (6.1 Build 7601)

Chrome version:
      Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Test complete google extension version:
      Version

Michael

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Michael,

If you have active maintenence subscription, it should be free for you to update TestComplete. So, unless you have some reasons, I would recommend to update your version of TestComplete to at least 12.50 to match your colleague's.

Also you may consider to try to update Chrome extension to the flavor that corresponds to the given version of TestComplete from this page: https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/chrome-patches/