Did you mean: 

NameMapping issue

SOLVED
Super Contributor

NameMapping issue

Hi,

I had with an old namemapping this structure : Aliases.Process.Form.Edit

(on which I was doing a SetText() )

With another version of the executable, the mapping structure changed to Aliases.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit

As you imagine I just can't modify the namemapping, but in this case I'm afraid I have to insert the ".Combobox" within the structure in each places into the script (which are numerous).

Is there a better way to overcome that problem please ?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: NameMapping issue

Yes.

Remember, there are two "layers" to NameMapping.  There's the stuff that is laid out as NameMapping.Sys.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit and there's the Aliases.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit.  You can drag the "Edit" to be a child of Form in the Aliases tree while still preserving the full mapping in the NameMapping tree.  That way you won't need to change any of your automation.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Yes.

Remember, there are two "layers" to NameMapping.  There's the stuff that is laid out as NameMapping.Sys.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit and there's the Aliases.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit.  You can drag the "Edit" to be a child of Form in the Aliases tree while still preserving the full mapping in the NameMapping tree.  That way you won't need to change any of your automation.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Community Leader

In Name Mapping, check the box for "Extended Find" next to the Edit control.

Cheers

Lino

Super Contributor

Hi guys,

Thank you very much Robert, you let me save a lot of time !!!

Thanks again,

Mehdi

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors