cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GeneralEvents not saved in a file?

SOLVED
Contributor

GeneralEvents not saved in a file?

So I run two instances of Test Complete, one on my local computer and another on a remote VM. I use GitHub to sync up the keyword tests between the two machines.

One day, I decided I wanted Test Complete to run through an entire suite of tests, and only stop an individual test if it ran into an error. So I created a GeneralEvent handler, created a script, and thought everything was fine.

Today I noticed the remote machine didn't seem to be using the event handler, so I did some digging and discovered that the GeneralEvents file I had remote didn't have an OnLogError script set, so it basically wasn't even firing the event when there was an error.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue? I thought GeneralEvents would be a project specific setting, but now it almost looks like it's behaving like a Test Complete setting. I'm didn't even see a file update for when I updated the remote machines files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: GeneralEvents not saved in a file?

Event information is stored in a file.  You need to make sure you include the Events.tcAX file that is part of your project in your repository.  Without that file, you will see the behavior exactly as you have noted.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

I know you said you use GitHub, but could your directories be out of sync?

This may be of some help for figuring out how the events are set up:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/handling-events/about.html

Highlighted
Community Hero

Event information is stored in a file.  You need to make sure you include the Events.tcAX file that is part of your project in your repository.  Without that file, you will see the behavior exactly as you have noted.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

That's exactly what was going on!

Thanks Tristaann.