Forum Discussion

andrewa
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

GeneralEvents not saved in a file?

So I run two instances of Test Complete, one on my local computer and another on a remote VM. I use GitHub to sync up the keyword tests between the two machines.

One day, I decided I wanted Test Complete to run through an entire suite of tests, and only stop an individual test if it ran into an error. So I created a GeneralEvent handler, created a script, and thought everything was fine.

Today I noticed the remote machine didn't seem to be using the event handler, so I did some digging and discovered that the GeneralEvents file I had remote didn't have an OnLogError script set, so it basically wasn't even firing the event when there was an error.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue? I thought GeneralEvents would be a project specific setting, but now it almost looks like it's behaving like a Test Complete setting. I'm didn't even see a file update for when I updated the remote machines files.

• Event information is stored in a file.  You need to make sure you include the Events.tcAX file that is part of your project in your repository.  Without that file, you will see the behavior exactly as you have noted.

3 Replies