Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating license with virtual machines.

tc_2018
Contributor

Floating license with virtual machines.

Hi,

I want to create 10 virtual machines in one physical PC that has floating license installed. TestComplete will be installed onto every v.m. My question is, can all virtual machines use the same floating license? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: Floating license with virtual machines.

Yes, they can all use the same license... HOWEVER, if you are licensed only with a single floating license, then only one instance of TestComplete can be run at a time.  If you want to run all 10 instances of TestComplete concurrently, then you actually need 10 licenses.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
helmer
Contributor

Re: Floating license with virtual machines.

I installed always TestComplete and TestExecute. So I can save money buy using TE for simultaneous automated runs. And only for Debugging TestComplete is started. (I assume that a Test Developer only needs a single license, as s/he can only debug one test a the time).

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors