Forum Discussion

4m4d3u5
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Exporting Regions as an existing item

I am using javascript. Is it possible to export Regions as an existing item to other projects? If I want to make a project that has a collection of regions checks and export regions as an existing item to the rest of my projects so they can be used in other projects. Can this be done? When I try to do this I get an error. 

• The Regions.tcRegions file is not currently supported to be shared between projects within the same project suite.  If you open a project in a NEW suite and share the Regions object, that should work, but not within the same suite.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

What does your code look like and what error do you get?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The Regions.tcRegions file is not currently supported to be shared between projects within the same project suite.  If you open a project in a NEW suite and share the Regions object, that should work, but not within the same suite.

4m4d3u5
      Contributor

That's so dumb, the smart thing that anyone would do it to make a project called library that had all your function with all your name mapping along with all your region checks that you know work and then import the library into all your projects which would require to import regions and then just all all the stuff you need out of your library. That way you know all your region checks work and you don't have to keep redoing them and they can be easily tested. Soooooooo dumb. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The Regions.tcRegions file is the only thing that cannot be shared.  however, the images themselves WITHIN that Regions file can be shared.  All you'd need to do is just add them in.  Currently, that's a manual process, unfortunately.

Feel free to suggest a change in the Ideas forum here for TestComplete. I agree, it's something that can be improved upon.