Forum Discussion

SmartBST
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Create custom reports in testcomplete.

Hi All,

Is there a way to create custom reports within testcomplete only.

Thanks in advance

• There isn't an out of the box reporting tool built in to TestComplete where you can build out graphs, charts, reports, etc.  You can write custom script code to do these kinds of tasks or import external classes (see JavaBridge).  I think shankar_r has written a custom extension to create an HTML report.  

• Keep in mind that the Log consists both of things that TestComplete automatically logs as well as any thing you may send yourself.  There is some level of custom reporting, then, in that respect but it won't be graphs or charts or things like that.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

There isn't an out of the box reporting tool built in to TestComplete where you can build out graphs, charts, reports, etc.  You can write custom script code to do these kinds of tasks or import external classes (see JavaBridge).  I think shankar_r has written a custom extension to create an HTML report.  

shankar_r
        Community Hero

Hi,

I do have extension which helps you to create the HTML reports that you can find here.

If you aware of how to HTML charts using google charts API or other API to generate the report then you can implement that.

Before doing any customization, the first step is to create some sort of framework where you can structure your automation project then easily you will be able to implement all you want.