Forum Discussion

ewosniak
Occasional Visitor
8 years ago

Connected Applications Deprecated

In our company we are using Connected Applications concept with C# for testing our applications, but it resource has been discontinued.What we should do in this case?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

As I understand it, the general replacement for that feature of TestComplete is it's own tool, TestLeft, also put out by SmartBear.  

• Hello,

I have created several months ago similar thread 

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Are-you-using-Test-Execute-11-to-test-Connected-Applications-in/m-p/127092#M23517

And support ticket also:
    CASE #00174600: TC11.31 SUPPORT FOR MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2015 PROFESSIONAL

That was the latest comment from SmartBear Support:

"We have discussed the situation you facing with the PO and dev leader and make a decision that we will not try to fix the issue with the C# Connected Applications in VS 2015 feature. The entire Connected Applications feature is going to become obsolete in the next update of the tool. Another important reason is that fixing the issue without making all users of this functionality to modify their test code is impossible.

So, I suggest that you continue using Visual Studio 2013 or earlier.

Also, you still may consider moving to TestLeft which is positioned as a replacement for the Connected Applications feature. I know that you already looked into this option and found that it does not have the OnUnexpectedWindow event which is heavily used in your tests. I think that we can continue discussing this functionality in TestLeft if you want. Let me know if you want this and I will reopen the 00187918."

And we stuck on this because we cannot move to TestLeft (it's functionality cannot help us) and cannot use newest Visual Stuido versions and Test Execute versions.

Regards,
    Maria