Forum Discussion

jdbraden
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Change fields required in TestComplete when Posting Defects to QAComplete

I am just starting my evaluations for QAComplete and TestComplete and I am trying to see how to automatically send defects from TestComplete to my QAComplete project when there are required fields in QAComplete. (I searched the forums and documentation, but was unlucky in finding this scenario.)

The situation I am running into is the project has specific fields in QAComplete that are required for defect submission. In TestComplete, The only fields that show are "Title", "Status", "Folder", etc. 

How can I get TestComplete to read what fields are required in QAComplete so we can quickly submit defects through TestComplete to QAComplete?

Please see the attached files for reference.

Thanks,

• Hi Jdbraden,

The current QAComplete/TestComplete integration doesn’t have a built-in functionality to specify required fields in Defect. However, you can customize this implementation to your specific needs.

The integration is implemented as script extensions (SPExtension.tcx), which is located in <TestComplete 11>\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions. The "Script Extensions" ( https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/69987/ ) article provides you with the complete info on the script extension technology in TestComplete.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jdbraden,

The current QAComplete/TestComplete integration doesn’t have a built-in functionality to specify required fields in Defect. However, you can customize this implementation to your specific needs.

The integration is implemented as script extensions (SPExtension.tcx), which is located in <TestComplete 11>\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions. The "Script Extensions" ( https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/69987/ ) article provides you with the complete info on the script extension technology in TestComplete.