Change Install Extensions list at runtime

How to edit install extensions runtime.
Thanks & Regards,
Prashan Binekar
5 REPLIES 5
tristaanogre
Community Hero

RE: Change Install Extensions list at runtime

You can't at run time, as far as I can tell.  They are compiled and included into the test upon execution.  Much like you can't edit a script unit at runtime.

May I ask what your purpose of doing so is?  perhaps there is a different way to achieve the same result.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
prashant_bineka
New Contributor

hi , I have application developed in Delphi and .Net., When I select Delphi extension test complete does not recognised object on some screen, but when unselect Delphi extension this particular screen work but that causes problem in other screen, and Test complete behaving same way  in reverse
Thanks & Regards,
Prashan Binekar
tristaanogre
Community Hero

THAT is an incredibly interesting issue.

A question:  What version of TestComplete?

Unfortunately, I'm not in a "shop" now where I can get to a Delphi app to play with so I'm not sure the best track.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
prashant_bineka
New Contributor

I am using test complete version 9.10.1894.7
Thanks & Regards,
Prashan Binekar
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Something else that may be helpful here is an actual listing of what component classes are causing the issues.  It could be that they are unsupported classes within TestComplete regardless of extension.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements