Forum Discussion

smccafferty
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Analysing a Citrix Connection to determine the name of a remotely launched application

A wordy title but it says it all.

Can test complete analyse a Citrix connection and pull back any information regarding the application called.

Basically, from the website that's being tested we invoke a citrix session that connects and starts up a remote application.

test complete doesn't like it and it turns into a bit of a pixel hunt to interact with that window. But I don't need interaction. Just identification.

Any help, much appreciated!

7 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sean,

I have little experiences with Citrix. I can suggest that you try using MSAA to improve the TestComplete recognition of the page from where you operate with remote applications. For this, you need to add the class name of your window or enable * in MSAA's List of accepted windows. More info...

• Hi Sean,

I'm having the same issue with automating application that sits on top of Citrix. I need to be able to access the objects. Do I need to install some plug-in tool(s)? so to assist in identifying objects?.

I appreciate your view on this matter. 

Thanks,

Azeddin.                                                       
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Sean,

Can you share at least a screenshot with the outlined object that you are interested in?

I'm wondering because I'm starting to think that I misunderstood your initial question...
    smccafferty
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the help so far folks.

Activating MSAA for a better recognition of the tested window. TestComplete recognizes that there's a window there. That's kind of not the issue. What I really need to get is a string value of the citrix app being run in that window.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    smccafferty
    Occasional Contributor
    I'll do one better. Here's an mht of the last test.

It passed, but that's not the point. I need to identify the app that is being run via citrix.

Thanks for the speedy reply by the way!

EDIT: Sorry I hope that attachment went up OK.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    And what image contains the data you have problem with?

I asked about screenshot in order to be able to see how this Citrix-based application relates to the parent web page (if it is started in the separate window, is this window a web page or a native Windows window, or maybe Citrix is opened in a kind of its own window like Web Remote Desktop does. Something like this...) From the log images it is not really clear for me what and where you'd like to do...