Forum Discussion

5 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Krushna,

You can assign the needed date to the object's FlexObject.selectedDate property:

Set edit_date = Sys.Process("iexplore").Page("http://www.automatedqa.com/examples/testcomplete/flex/orders.html").Object("orders").editorder("Edit Order").DateField("edit_date")

edit_date.FlexObject.selectedDate = aqDateTime.Today
  • This does not work for me. As its not able to find the "editorder("Edit Order")" object in object browser.

Please check the atrtached screenshot of object browser, where the date field is identified as a combo box.
    HKosova
    Hi Krushna,

It looks like Flex support doesn't work properly for you. Please try the following:

* Upgrade TestComplete to the latest version - 8.70. If you are a registered customer, you can download it from your customer account at my.smartbear.com. If you are a trial user, you can get the new version here.

* Install and configure the debug version of Flash Player as described in this article: Configuring Adobe Flash Player for Using FlashInjector.

Does this help?
    HKosova
    Hi Krushna,

We have found out that the issue with incorrect identification of Flex objects was actually with the sample application itself. Thanks for drawing attention to this!

We've fixed the sample, so now, the Flex support should work fine for it, and there's no need for workarounds that I mentioned in my previous reply.

Please try the updated sample and let me know how it works for you.