Forum Discussion

kiranhh
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Flex object accessibility differs between IExplorer and Firefox

Hello,

For a cross browser testing with Flex objects.

1. UI object  accessibility are different for each browsers (IExplorer and FireFox). That is in IExplorer objects properties are more available than FireFox. 

2. Few objects which are accessible in IExplorer are not accessible in Firefox.

Versions:

IExplorer = 8

FireFox = 25

I have installed necessary patches and done appropriate settings as prescribed in TestComplete help. Also MSAA is also set for firefox.

Please advise.

• Hi Kiran,

What approach are you using to test Flex apps? Please pay attention to the fact that, depending on the approach you are using, the app should be compiled in a proper way or some additional Flex settings should be set.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kiran,

You are using different technologies to recognize your Flex app in the browsers: IE uses TestComplete's approach, but Firefox uses MSAA. 

You need to make TestComplete work properly with the Flex objects in Firefox. For this, first of all, disable the * MSAA option - there is no need to use it. After that, please make sure that a patch for Firefox 25 is installed on your computer. You can download the patch here.

Does applying the patch help?

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kiran,

What approach are you using to test Flex apps? Please pay attention to the fact that, depending on the approach you are using, the app should be compiled in a proper way or some additional Flex settings should be set.

kiranhh
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your kind reply. 

Prior to my original query I had installed appropriate firefox patch. And I'm clear now that accessibility mechanism is different for each browser and this narrow downs to Firefox alone.

Let me share some more details, I'm facing problem with Tab UI object, wherein which I'm not able to access tabs individually. I also see "Test Complete" diagnostic message "Loaded .SWF file not prepared for testing". I understand the context, however I'm not in a position flex ready for testing, is there any alternative?
    kiranhh
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you Tanya.

I will determine the approach.