Forum Discussion

indrajitkc
New Contributor
11 years ago

TestComplete 9.3 unable to identify AIR objects in the application using the latest Adobe AIR Runtime

Hi,
I am facing issue in Adobe AIR runtime version.
The development team complied the project with the AirClient4.swc file and created the swf file used for automation testing.
Now TestComplete is not able to identify the AIR objects,with the latest Abobe air runtime (i.e Abode air 3.5)
But its able to identify the air object when the air runtime is downgraded from 3.5 to 2.6.1920.

Not sure what the issue is ,but only with Abode AIR v2.6.1920 runtime testcomplete is able to identify the air object.

Can you please help in solving the issue.

2 Replies

indrajitkc
    New Contributor
    Hi,Have found the solution of it.The mm.cfg file and the debug version of Adobe Flashplayer is the culprit.Once I removed it,TestComplete v9.31 is able to identify the AIR Objects with the latest Adobe AIR runtime version i.e AIR 4.0.
    indrajitkc
    New Contributor
    Also observed that the flex based html application when preloaded is taking the flashinjector.swf file from the mm.cfg file using the statement "PreloadSWF=path of the flashinjector.swf file" and this is conflicting  the AIR object identification by the TestComplete tool.

The following two statement just before the application invoke(since in my project i have to work on two application instances ,one is in Adobe AIR (desktop based) and the other is web based flex application,and it worked wonders!!

'Uninstall the Flashinjector settings

Call Options.FlashSettings.UnInstallInjector

'Install the Flashinjector settings

Call Options.FlashSettings.InstallInjector

This two statements is simple removing/inserting the preloadSWF statement from the mm.cfg file at runtime.