Forum Discussion

Morgan
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago

TC later versions crashing tested application with namemapping

Our tested application seems to crash when trying to access a mapped menu name.  If I use the unmapped name, it works correctly (and does not crash our application).  We're using the ObjectType, Caption, and ObjectGroupIndex properties if it matters.

Have you seen this before?  What's especially odd is that it can access the menu once without issue (via the script).  It's when it tries to click it a second time later that our application crashes.  

Again, this is ONLY when the mapped name is used.  Any ideas?  The log only indicates that our tested application crashed (not too helpful).

Thanks,

Morgan

4 Replies

murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    i too had the same problem once before. i hav contacted the testcomplete support team with crash reports and got some  patch updates and now it works fine.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Morgan,

Please answer the following troubleshooting questions:

- What exact TestComplete version are you using (Help | About)?

- What Store Code Completion information are you using (details)?

- What is the size of the NameMapping file: <TestCompleteProject>\NameMapping\NameMapping.tcNM

Morgan
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your response...

* We are using 10.10.752.7

*Store Code Completetion is set to Brief.

* The .tcNM file is 742 KB

Thank you,

Morgan

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for the info.

You can try changing the Code Completion option to None. If this doesn't help, I would recommend that you contact our Support team so that they could investigate the situation in detail.