cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects mapped using IE is having different property in Chrome. Unable to perform cross browser Test

Occasional Contributor

Objects mapped using IE is having different property in Chrome. Unable to perform cross browser Test

I have been using Test complete to automate entire application by using ie. Now I have been asked to perform cross browser testing in Chrome and IE. But objects mapped using IE are having different properties in Chrome. Especially the images (Buttons)

Could you please help me to come over this issue ?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Re: Objects mapped using IE is having different property in Chrome. Unable to perform cross browser

NameMapping has a feature called "Configurations" where you can tell the tool to use a different set of properties/values to identify the same components.  See https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/name-mapping/conf...

Another option would be to use Conditional Mapping which would allow you to use different properties for the same object with "OR" logic.  See https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/name-mapping/mana...

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Re: Objects mapped using IE is having different property in Chrome. Unable to perform cross browser

Thank you Robert. 

But in this case I would have to make changes to every effected objects of name mapping file. 

Is there any configuration in Test complete or Chrome plug-in, where in I could access same property values as IE ?

Community Hero

No configurations in TestComplete, no.  There is a Chrome extension to run applications in an IE Tab... but that defeats the purpose of the cross-browser testing effort because it basically makes a Chrome tab act like the IE browser... and that's not what you want.

honestly, your best bet is to go through the objects that are giving you the issue and make the necessary corrections.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
SeptemberNews
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win