Forum Discussion

aagrawal_1
New Contributor
15 years ago

Langauge support

Hi,

How many langauge TC supported other than english?

-abhi

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Abhinav,

If you mean TestComplete's user interface then only English edition is available.

If you mean testing of localized applications then TC provides no restrictions and it is possible to test application that uses any Unicode character set.
    aagrawal_1
    New Contributor
    So suppose i have written my code for my english version product and now i want to run same code for my other langauges product then what i will do?

Is there any auto conversion option available?

• Hi,

Alexei is right, TestComplete supports Unicode and allows you to test Unicode applications. As for the TestComplete UI, it is English only.

As for conversion, there is no special feature for this. However, there are some ways to organize you tests in a language-independent way. 

First, you can use Name Mapping to map objects in your application by using properties that do not contain local characters. So, your tests that use such a NameMapping scheme become language-independent. 

Another way to resolve the issue is to store changing values in local variables and use the variables in your NameMapping scheme. In this case, you can set the values of the variables depending on the application's language.  

Please see the "Name Mapping", "Project and Project Suite Variables" and "Specifying Identification Property Values" articles for details.