Forum Discussion

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Lag navigating to Windows Security screen

Hi...

I am running a Keyword test that calls a Windows security Login / Password screen. The test case takes well over a minute to navigate to the login window, however the window is visible and ready for input.  The message displayed says “Navigating to the ‘https:// testwebpagename’. (See attached)  After a minute or so, the automated test will input the password and the test will continue.

Any ideas as to why there is a delay in navigating when the window is open and waiting? This delay is only when the test executes.  I can manually input the password almost immediately.  I would love to be able to lessen the time this step takes.  Thanks for the time!

djadhav
    9 years ago

Are you specifying a wait time in the run browser settings as shown below? If yes, what number are you specifying?

SlowBrowser_RunBrowserWaitProperty.png

If not, can you click on Tools -> Current project properties and see what value is given here:

SlowBrowser_DefaultWaitProperty.png

7 Replies

djadhav
    Regular Contributor

Is it possible for you to attach a screenshot of your keyword test for that particular section where the login window is called? Also a log screenshot would help.

DCat1223
      Frequent Contributor

Hi djadhav.

I have attached a screenshot of the keyword test.  The line that is causing the delay is outlined. 

As for a log file, there really isn't one.  This is working correctly, it is just taking over a minute for the test to navigate to the login window, but the window is displaying on the screen awaiting the password while the test states that it is navigating to the window.  I don't understand why there is a delay navigating when the window is up and waiting for the password.  

Thank you for your time.

Dave.

djadhav
        Regular Contributor

Looking at the screenshot one thing that immediately comes to notice that possibly in your namemapping, the windows security dialog object is a child of the browser object. This would interfere in detecting the object. Can you try after namemapping the dlgWindowsSecurity2 as an independent object.