Forum Discussion

xylian
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Isues with TComboBox (Win32) component testing

Hello

I've already written loads of scripts for .NET and WIN32 controls. I'm stuck on a simple TComboBox though. I use custom layout for it, so as usually I did mapping in Object Mapping. I mapped it under Win32 Controls and Windows/ComboBox.

Problem occurs when I try to use any of implemented methods as ClickItem or a DropDown. When I try to click item, TC says it cannot dropdown window. But it doesnt click the item even if I dropdown combobox manually. Same thing happens when I try to use DropDown method first.

I'd appreciate some help on this case

Regards

1 Reply

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Jacek,

TestComplete interacts with standard Windows controls using Windows messages. Specifically, to open a combo box's drop-down list, TestComplete sends the CB_SHOWDROPDOWN message to the combo box. After that, TestComplete uses the CB_GETDROPPEDSTATE message to determine whether the list has actually dropped down.

Most likely, the issue occurs because your customized TComboBox doesn't react to these messages properly. So, please check with the application developers whether the combo box supports these messages.