Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Chrome and ClickItem

Highlighted
New Contributor

Issue with Chrome and ClickItem

Hello,

i have a problem with a select combo box and the method ClickItem() in Chrome.

Here is an example (converted from keyword test to script):

function SelectFromDropDown_Chrome()
{
//Opens the specified URL in a running instance of the specified browser.
Browsers.Item(btChrome).Navigate("https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select");
//Selects the 'Audi' item of the 'select' combo box.
Aliases.browser.pageWwwW3schoolsComTagsTryitAspF.frameIframeresult.select.ClickItem("Audi");
//Checks whether the 'wText' property of the Aliases.browser.pageWwwW3schoolsComTagsTryitAspF.frameIframeresult.select object equals 'Audi'.
aqObject.CheckProperty(Aliases.browser.pageWwwW3schoolsComTagsTryitAspF.frameIframeresult.select, "wText", cmpEqual, "Audi");
}

At the end Chrome select "Opel" and not the given text "Audi".

This strange behavior only exists in Chrome. In the others browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge) the keyword test or script works.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Regards

Thomas

8 REPLIES 8
Community Hero

Re: Issue with Chrome and ClickItem

That is odd.  I just tried it myself... and it works fine... which tells me that there's something specific with your environment.

Let's start first with the version of TC and version of Chrome to make sure that one supports the other.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Contributor

Hello,

thanks for the fast reply.

I used the Chrome version:

Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and the TestComplete version:
12.31.1833.7 (Trial Version)

and Windows version:
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit (10.0 Build 10586)

I hope you can help me so fix the problem.

Regards,
Thomas
Community Hero

I have pretty much the same setup on my end... and I'm still not seeing the problem.  In watching it run, I see that, when the click item is initially fired, the text does say Opel... but then once the ClickItem completes, Audi is selected and the checkpoint passes.

What seems to be the problem is, potentially a timing issue of sorts with the Chrome browser.  I don't know for certain.  Make sure that you have your Chrome browser set up with all the recommended settings under https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome.ht... I'd pay special attention to the commentary about disabling other extensions and making sure that "Auto-fill" is turned off.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue with chrome.  The tests in question always worked in the past.  The dropdown initially goes to the option specified but then reverts back to some other value.  This gif shows our attempting to ClickItem("Closed") and ClickItem("Active").  In both cases the proper item is found but Withdrawn is actually selected.

DropDownError.gif

TC Version: 12.40.2869.7 x86

Chrome Version 62.0.3202.62

I have disabled all extensions but the testcomplete extension and unchecked enable autofill and the problem still persists.

Occasional Contributor

In my cases, TestComplete seems only click on central of popup to close popup instead of clicking on coordinate of item Smiley Sad However, it only happens on one of  8 our PCs. Could you have any solution to fix this issue Smiley Sad

TestComplete version: 12.41.2879.7

Google chrome version 62.0.3202.89

Contributor

I had put in s support ticket on this and they responded with a patch they had for their 40.xxx version of code that I applied to the 41.xxx code which fixed this problem. Your one machine that it is working on may be on the 40.xxx code.

Occasional Contributor

Could you send me the patch? We installed version 12.41 but don't know why this issue happened. We did not face with it before.

a.PNG

Contributor

Put a support ticket in. Not sure I have the patch still. This will also let them know that they need to get the fix added to 41 soon.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
API Testing Mistake #2
APITestingMistake#2
Top Kudoed Authors