Forum Discussion

srandall
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Is anyone having problems with password retaining when connecting to a database?

When I set up a data source, when I uncheck the 'Blank Password' box so I can provide a password, enter my password and check my connection, I can connect just fine. However, the box is re-checked once I exit the screen and re-enter. This is causing my connections to the database to fail. Is anyone else having a problem with this?

• For anyone else who has experienced this issue, SmartBear was finally able to help me resolve my issue.

While you are setting up your database, select the 'All' tab and change 'Persist Security Info' to True.

Changing this value will allow you to retain your selections:

8 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Not sure I got the problem...

More details with more exact steps to reproduce and, maybe, screenshot(s) and code snippets would definitely help.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Just closing out of the screen is usually not sufficient to save settings.  Double check that you've hit "OK" and "Save" at all points in the process.  Personally, I've not run into the problem.

• I select that I want to create a data loop for my test case and I name it. - Next-

I select that I want a Database query. -Next-

In the Connection section, I click on the button and I select 'Sql Server Native Client 11.0' and click OK.

I click on the button again so I can set up the connection.

I remove the checkmark for Blank password and set everything up

I test my connection and everything is good and I click OK.

I re-enter this screen by selecting the button by the Connection and it has re-checked the box for Blank Password.

I have tried not re-entering and seeing if I just need to complete the set up... that didn't work either. Regardless of what I do, that checkmark wants to stay in that checkbox.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

OK, interesting... 

Before you click "TestConnection", what happens if you just click "OK" on all screens to save all settings before you come back in?

srandall
        Contributor

The same thing happens, unfortunately.

OK. So it sounds like I need to get technical support engaged. I want to thank you very much for answering my post and following up to try to help me. It is very much appreciated!! 

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

I would suggest to try to check 'Allow saving password' option as well. (I.e. both Empty and Allow options should be checked.)

Does this help?

srandall
        Contributor

Unfortunately, I have tried that as well. I have a ticket in with SmartBear and have since Wednesday, but they aren't very responsive. ughhh......