Forum Discussion

TESTUS
Contributor
14 years ago

Crash when double clicking

I have a strange problem.

My application chrashes with the windows error dialog (not the dialog from my application) when I perform a double click with TestComplete. If I do this double click by hand everything workes fine.

What is the difference between a double click by hand or with TestComplete? It also happens with a single click.

How can I do a double click with TestComplete without getting a crash?

2 Replies

• I think I found the problem myself. It seems that when using the Click Action. The time between mouse down and mouse up is to short. I tried this by using the MouseDown-Method with the MouseUp-Method (from the object
    Desktop) and an BuiltIn.Delay between them. With 30 ms it works fine. Under 30 ms my application crashes. I guess, that the Click Action has no real break between up and down. Is this possible?

Is there is possiblility to change the time between up and down in the Click Action? If not, is it possible to implement this in the near future? This would be very very helpful because my test are not running at the moment.

Using the MouseDown-Method with the MouseUp-Method (from the object
    Desktop) and an BuiltIn.Delay between them is not realy good, because I need the screen coordinates und not the relative coordinates from my form or control and it is three lines and not only one to do a click.

It would be realy helpful to have the possibilty to use the Click (DblClick, ClickR, DblClickR ...) Action with configurable delay betwenn MouseDown and MouseUp.

For a quick answer I would be really thankful.

Regards Oliver
  • Hi Oliver,

We've registered your request as a suggestion in our DB.