Forum Discussion

John-ITA
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Could not find installable ISAM error.

I'm using TC10 on windows 7 with Office 2010 and I'm trying to connect to Excel and select the data with an SQL statement.  When my Excel file was still .xls and I used the Jet4 connection string, it worked fine.  So I saved my file as Excel 2010 (.xlsx) and updated the connection string to what's shown below and it started to fail.  We are running the 32bit office so I installed the 32bit access piece from Microsoft but I still get the error.  The error comes on the connection.open line. 

ConnStr = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + strDatabase + "; [Sheet$1]" + _

";Extended Properties=Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=No;IMAX=1;"

Set Connection = Sys.OleObject("ADODB.Connection")

Connection.Open(ConnStr)

3 Replies

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    ConnStr = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + strDatabase + ";Extended Properties=Excel 12.0;User ID=admin;Password=''"

//Assuming you have the correct access driver installed

Driver is here.
    John-ITA
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks.  We don't use passwords so I tried removing from XML on like in your example and it started working.

JJ
    Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    Depending on the sheet version you sometimes have to specify the username/password so i just always include them as an example. Glad you got it working anyhow.