Forum Discussion

Deeksha_goyal
Contributor
10 years ago

Concurrent testing scenario: where need to handle two browser sessions for different login

Hi all,

my test need to open one browser and perform some actions and stay on a page, meanwhile other user logs in and changes something  which changes the first user workflow. I need to come back to first browser and perform some atction there to verify correct output.  I need to use both users on IE only. Please sugest if its possible.

1 Reply

• If the test is to operate on multiple machines, you could use a trigger file.

Ex. Workflow-

- Browser opened and work performed on PC1

- PC1 Enters a loop checking for a file in a directory (can be a txt file, or any kind of empty file)

- Browser opened and work performed on PC2

- PC2 writes the trigger file to the location where PC1 is checking, indicating the work has been completed

- PC1 sees that the file exists and exits the loop to complete additional tasks

- PC1 cleans up the trigger file and terminates the testing

Of course, this same workflow can be utilized on a single PC by enumerating the browsers and calling them to perform work independantly. For this method, look at the TestComplete documenation for "BrowserIndex".