cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome 69 and TestComplete

Community Hero

Chrome 69 and TestComplete

No question, just information.  I wanted to head this off before we get all the questions about "Suddenly, my tests against Chrome stopped working".

Chrome has recently updated from version 68 to version 69.  TestComplete 12.50 has a patch for version 68 available at https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/chrome-patches/ however, no patch for 69 is available yet.  This doesn't mean it WON'T be available, just not yet.

Best suggestion is to downgrade your version of chrome back to 68, reinstall the patch, and disable automatic browser updates for Chrome.  I'm pretty confident that SmartBear will have a patch available eventually but, in the meantime, this should get you back up and going.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
1 REPLY 1
Community Hero

Re: Chrome 69 and TestComplete

I am even guessing that support for Chrome 69 will be included in the upcoming TC12.60... Smiley Happy

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join the Online Event to Win