Forum Discussion

priyaram
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

mobsync error freezes TC/TE execution

Hi All,

We are frequently facing mob-sync error during TC/TE execution in Windows 8.1 and rarely in Windows 10 environment. Due to this error our execution was interrupted and unable to meet deliverable at time.

The solution given for mobsync error in site http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8668/what-is-mobsync.exe-and-why-is-it-running/ was also not helped me. After disabling offline files also am getting this error frequently.

Could anyone help me out to handle this error.

Thanks,

Priya

9 Replies

sanjay0288
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I am not able to understand your question. Can you please answer the below mentioned questions.

1. Is mobsync your Application under test?

2. Do you need mobsync process to be running while performing your automated testing tasks?

If the criteria is to handle this VC++ Runtime error dialog : Write a event handler code "on expected window " and handle the closing of this dialog

Else if you do not need this process write a script to terminate this process at the process level.

priyaram
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

Mobsync is not part of our application under test and it is not necessary to run this process during execution.

Thanks,

Priya

sanjay0288
        Frequent Contributor

Hi,

So there are two possible solutions.

1. During / Before the Start of your script kill the mobsync process from taskmanager. This you can achieve through scripts. Can you confirm whether this process starts automatically after killing?

2. Or allow this process to run. Write an event handler code on unexpected windows and close the dialog that pops up.

• priyaram wrote:

The solution given for mobsync error in site http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8668/what-is-mobsync.exe-and-why-is-it-running/ was also not helped me. After disabling offline files also am getting this error frequently.

So you disabled it?

But it still throws that error sometimes?

After disabling, when it throws that error, I presume the process has started running again? Assuming it is actually this process (mobsync) that's causing the error, sounds like something is starting it again. It also sounds like it's broken or corrupted.

MSDN post about the error - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d509d9f9.aspx

Doesn't sound like something you're going to fix easily. If you don't need what's causing it, easier to remove it completely I'd think. It doesn't sound like TestComplete itself is the problem. But as we have no idea what you're actually doing when you're running it, it could be something it's doing is part of the problem, but that's impossible for us to know as it stands.