Forum Discussion

jhall68w
Contributor
7 years ago

When I attempt to use Postman from my TestedApps it does not recognize any objects, only uses XY

Has anyone else tried using Postman or ran into a similar issue with another desktop application?  Basically it just sees the window, and not all of objects on the screen.

https://www.getpostman.com/

13 Replies

• We actually finally got it to work using TestComplete last night.  A couple months in the making, but we are good to go.  Thanks to you all for offering your help!

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

[...]  got it to work using TestComplete last night.  A couple months in the making, [...]

Good to know that you got it working... though... why not to ask at least month ago?.. :)

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jesse,

We are glad to here that you have managed to resolve the issue. 

Do you mind sharing the cause of it with us? It may help other community members.

Thanks.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

That happens depending on what the other application is written in.  You may need a plugin or some other setup to read it properly.

Postman is another test tool.  What are you trying to do with it from TestComplete?

jhall68w
      Contributor

Postman is written in Electron, which I see now is not currently supported by TC.  We use Postman to test some web services that we have for some one off tests.  I am attempting to use the web services in TC to send transactions to our database, but I am have been unable to do so.  SmartBear keeps deflecting my request for a screen share session to show them what I am attempting to do.  So after a couple of years of business with Smartbear we are now starting to look at different options.

I have used the TC wiki and attempted to use their templates. I have even had our dev team attempt to help.  Not sure it is something that I can fit in this space.  But if anyone else uses TC Webservices to generate SOAP requests I would love to connect.