Forum Discussion

kkchan
Contributor
13 years ago

Testcomplete cause Chrome browser hang

Hi

I am facing problem that, once I run TestComplete HTTP Load Test, my Chrome browser will hang. The web content is inaccessible, and address bar also has no response after ENTER. I got to force terminate it and restart as workaround.

Please advice.

Thank you

8 Replies

• Hi Chan,

Can you reproduce the problem if you restart the computer and run a load test without recording a load test? If the problem cannot be reproduced in this case, does it appear after you try to record a load test?
  • Hi

I have retest and found that, it only happen after I record load test. If I just playback, Chrome is working fine.

Thank you

• Hi Chan,

The problem is quite hard to reproduce and investigate. However, we are working on it and I will let you know once we have any results.

• Hi Chan,

We were able to reproduce the problem, but it seems that we will be unable to resolve the problem in TestComplete.

Please note that we have released a new load testing tool - LoadComplete. The load testing functionality is greatly improved in this tool and the problem you reported is not reproduced with it.

• Hi

I have tried loadcomplete, it is much stable than TC. However, I just purchased TC, I couldn't convenience my mgmt to spend another budget for LC just because TC got bug and unable to be resolved.

• Hi Chan,

I have contacted our Sales department and they said that they have offered a discount to you. Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do for you at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Hi

Thank you for follow up. I know you got nothing can be done. But just to share with you (who may concern), asking mgmt to pay extra just because to get the product bug fixed is really unacceptable, even though discount is given, but it is still very costly to us, we just only renew our subscription in last month!!!! Most importantly, I can't find a good reason to pursue my mgmt including myself. I just feel very disappointing which this kind of services provided. TC just put me into a very difficult situation to face my mgmt, and I have lost my power to recommend any 3rd party tool to my company in the future.