cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestComplete: Tutorials to integrate scripts to keyword tests

Occasional Contributor

TestComplete: Tutorials to integrate scripts to keyword tests

Hi,

I am new to testComplete. I am after tutorials describing how to incorporate scripts to the keywordtest, which have been generated via recording to actions.

I am trying to script functionality to extract data from the Infragistics UltraGrid windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Community Hero

Re: TestComplete: Tutorials to integrate scripts to keyword tests

Hi,

What exact is problematic for you?

Full documentation regarding your question here: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/specific-tasks/grids/infragistics-wingri...

Community Hero

If you have a keyword test already (from your recording perhaps?) then there is a built in function to convert it to the equivalent script.  This will give you a good start on learning the syntax you need for TestComplete.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/keyword-testing/converting-script.html

Occasional Contributor

Is there a means to back-convert from script view to record view.

Say, I want to automate/work mostly from the recorded view, but want to add a script function (i.e switching to script view), but once finish I want to switch back to record view.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Community Hero

You are not allowed to add a script during recording, however you always can do it later, in any place of your test.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your replies, very helpfull so far.

I have a further query however. From my recorded test I have included a script test routine.

Is it possible to pass parameters from the record test view to the specific script routine test.

e.g

From recorded testview:

Property Checkpoint

Run Script Routine

How do I pass parameters to the script routine at the 'Run Script Routine' point?

Community Hero

"Run Script Routine" operation has "Operation Parameters" dialog, where you can set required parameters (arguments) to pass it to your script.

More details here >>