cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC 12.60: NameMapping editor does not show nested properties when create a name map

Occasional Contributor

TC 12.60: NameMapping editor does not show nested properties when create a name map

Use TC 12.60 can't map object with a nested property. Like can't use datacontext.text property. But when I use TC14.1. It's no problem. So how can I use it on 12.60? (Because my team only have a TC14 license but have some TC12 license)

4 REPLIES 4
Contributor

Re: TC 12.60: NameMapping editor does not show nested properties when create a name map

What is the class of the object? 

If Text property is not working , please check the MSAA settings in both the machine.

Generally unchecking the (*) from the MSAA list cause this problem as Text is the been recognized using Microsoft Narrator libraries. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: TC 12.60: NameMapping editor does not show nested properties when create a name map

Thanks,It's a contentPresenter. I know what you said, but this way can't solve this problem. The object can be spy and we can get the datacontext value, but when I map the object, the available properties doesn't include the datacontext. 

Community Manager

Hi @Bingo,

Perhaps, some additional support was added to your control since TC 12.6. This is why you see the difference in these versions.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

Hi @TanyaGorbunova ,I know the help doc of TC 12.6 introducing this function, so I think it should support nested properties for us.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
6 / 7 API Testing Mistakes Video
Top Kudoed Authors