Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set color tolerance on compare picture

SOLVED
Contributor

Set color tolerance on compare picture

Hi,

i want to set color tolerance in the comparison between 2 images . 

In the parameters window i see these settings :
image.png

Where can I set color tolerance ?

Thanks,

Emanuele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Set color tolerance on compare picture

I would suggest using Region checkpoint instead of a picture checkpoint.  You'd first create a baseline image in the Regions of your project (can be done programmatically in both Keywords and Script) and then use the Region checkpoint to compare a picture against that baseline.  This allows for a color tolerance setting.

See https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/checkpoints/regions/creating.html

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Set color tolerance on compare picture

I would suggest using Region checkpoint instead of a picture checkpoint.  You'd first create a baseline image in the Regions of your project (can be done programmatically in both Keywords and Script) and then use the Region checkpoint to compare a picture against that baseline.  This allows for a color tolerance setting.

See https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/checkpoints/regions/creating.html

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors