Forum Discussion

paulohg6
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Object Mapping different

I have three licences of testcomplete (descktops) in two when I map the object I recive that:

Sys.Process('PCSIS1124').VCLObject('frmPCINF1124').VCLObject('btnNova').ClickButton;

In other  when I map  recive that 

Sys.Process('PCSIS1124').VCLObject('frmPCINF1124').VCLObject('WallpaperRotinaPC1').VCLObject('pcGeral').VCLObject('tsTransferencia').VCLObject('ScrollBox1').VCLObject('Panel1').VCLObject('btnNova').ClickButton;

I'm mapping all of this in same version, same System and same object anyone know what  is the problem?

Cus with that I cant run the same project  in the systems 

• Based on your object hierarchy what I guess is,  

Sys.Process('PCSIS1124').VCLObject('frmPCINF1124').VCLObject('btnNova').ClickButton;

I'm sure you might not get scroll bar when you got this object hierarchy.

Sys.Process('PCSIS1124').VCLObject('frmPCINF1124').VCLObject('WallpaperRotinaPC1').VCLObject('pcGeral').VCLObject('tsTransferencia').VCLObject('ScrollBox1').VCLObject('Panel1').VCLObject('btnNova');

Have you seen Scroll bar when you got this object hierarchy? 

• Thanks guys for the help. Today I managed to solve the problem was as follows. We were on two different projects in one on their properties the Object tree model was in flat and the other in tree. Thanks a lot for the help

7 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Based on your object hierarchy what I guess is,  

I'm sure you might not get scroll bar when you got this object hierarchy.

Sys.Process('PCSIS1124').VCLObject('frmPCINF1124').VCLObject('WallpaperRotinaPC1').VCLObject('pcGeral').VCLObject('tsTransferencia').VCLObject('ScrollBox1').VCLObject('Panel1').VCLObject('btnNova');

Have you seen Scroll bar when you got this object hierarchy? 

cunderw
      Community Hero

Is there a resolution difference between the two machines? Like shankar_r mentioned in one of them there is a scrollbar but not the other. This would be a great place to use extended find in your name mapping. 

paulohg6
        Occasional Contributor

Not the problem is not the resolution the software itself already defines the exact size that should stay

paulohg6
      Occasional Contributor

My problem is this: One person mapped the same items I mapped but the two got divergent. We get the same software version, operating system and testcomplete. The first execution of Testcomplete with the scenario everything happens correctly, in the smaller version of the mapping, but of the next times it does not accept. If I always map from the larger version will it always perform correctly?

paulohg6
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys for the help. Today I managed to solve the problem was as follows. We were on two different projects in one on their properties the Object tree model was in flat and the other in tree. Thanks a lot for the help

paulohg6
    Occasional Contributor

This addition of components happens with all the objects of the software being of this screen or not this one is only an example

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

For me, the idea by shankar_r makes sense...

Can you:

a) Talk to developers and ask them whether or not the objects from your second mapping sample (i.e. VCLObject('WallpaperRotinaPC1'), VCLObject('pcGeral'), VCLObject('tsTransferencia'), VCLObject('ScrollBox1') and VCLObject('Panel1')) exist in the application? And if they do, when they are added to the layout?

b) Post here screenshots that correspond to the first and second mapping sample?