Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Project Suite Causes Logs to break

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Moving Project Suite Causes Logs to break

when testcomplete is in the standard folder location (../documents/TestComplete 14 Projects/"test suite name") everything works fine and logs open up normally. 

when I move the suite to a git repository, I get an error when opening logs.  "Unable to load the "location of the log file" log file. Please make sure all the needed plug-ins are installed." everything else seems to work fine, the nothing seems to have changed about the logs. when I move them back to the "preferred" location  they work. 

what could be causing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Moving Project Suite Causes Logs to break

Still not sure what caused this, but I found a fix. My team uses Team Foundation Server. I created a new repo and then created a new  testcomplete project suit with projects in them initialized a repo and pushed them up to the the TFS server. It seems to be working now, I'm going to leave this open for a little bit to see if someone knows what caused this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi,

Personally I never had test projects located in the 'preferred' location and move them from time to time between folders and machines and never had problems because of this.

Thus, my current guess is that either some required files are missed when project is moved to git (most probable) or that TestComplete lacks some permissions (read/write?) for the folder the project was restored to (less probable).

P.S. I believe that you have read this help topic: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/scc/files.html

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
Highlighted
New Contributor

Still not sure what caused this, but I found a fix. My team uses Team Foundation Server. I created a new repo and then created a new  testcomplete project suit with projects in them initialized a repo and pushed them up to the the TFS server. It seems to be working now, I'm going to leave this open for a little bit to see if someone knows what caused this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for your investigation, @strenter.

Happy to hear that the issue was resolved 🙂

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors