Forum Discussion

PrecisionDan
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

MSAA testing / limiting MSAA

Hello,

I've recently started to use MSAA enabled with my tests. It has  worked great with some objects, allowing me to access buttons/ properties that I couldn't before, but I've run into the issue that a lot of my objects share the same WndClass and subsequently, I've had to recreate tests that I've previously created, and re map objects that previously did't cause me any issues. 

I suppose my question is, is it possible to only allow the use of MSAA on particular objects (for example on a ribbonControl) and not on others (TreeView for instance).

I know that there is a MSAAMAXCHILDCOUNT command line options but the documentation doesn't do a great job of explaining what it does. I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Thank you,

-Dan 

sonya_m
    4 years ago

Thank you Alex!

PrecisionDan , I wasn't able to locate your support ticket. Could you let us know if you figured out the solution to this? Otherwise, I'd encourage you to open one, as Alex suggested. It would be great if you could share the final solution with us here too!

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

If I got your question right, caption is a kind of optional property. Just specify the WndClass for your ribbonControl and TreeView should not be processed by MSAA. (My guess is that they have different windows classes.)

PrecisionDan
      Occasional Contributor

They share a WndClass, I was more wondering if there was any possible to to tell test complete to allow MSAA or object A and not object B within the same class. I know there is a way to limit it based on WndCaption. Unfortunately, both objects have an empty string for WndCaption