cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Full Screen

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

IE Full Screen

Recently I upgrade from Test Complete 11 (32bit) Windows 7 Professional and IE 8 to Test Complete 12 (64bit) Windows 10 Professional and IE 11.

On my old environment IE opens in Fullscreen mode and now after upgrade IE is not opening in Fullscreen mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

Re: IE Full Screen

Thank you @tristaanogre and @AlexKaras.

I find out solution to my problem, Just need to add Command-line arguments: "-k".

9 REPLIES 9
Community Hero

Hi,

> now after upgrade IE is not opening in Fullscreen mode.

a) Is this somehow related to TestComplete?

b) Have you tried to put IE in the fullscreen mode? (Press F12, IIRC)

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Occasional Contributor

Yes @AlexKaras in Test Complete 11 with Windows 7 open's IE in Fullscreen mode but Test Complete 12 with Windows 10

@AlexKaras wrote:

Hi,

> now after upgrade IE is not opening in Fullscreen mode.

a) Is this somehow related to TestComplete?

b) Have you tried to put IE in the fullscreen mode? (Press F12, IIRC)

didn't.

Community Hero

Keep in mind that whether or not the browser opens each time in Full Screen is controled by user profile.  If I run TestComplete as myself and have the browser maximized, if I run TestComplete "As Administrator", it will run in a windowed mode.  You need to set the browser maximization on a user profile basis.  You SHOULD be able to, in your script/keyword test code make a call to maximize the browser.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

@tristaanogre you are right user can add maximization in their Code/Keyword to change user profile basis but this is not that issue I observed that in windows 07 with Test Complete 11 it's happening. 

Community Hero

Hi,

> this is not that issue I observed [...]

So, what is your actual question or problem?

Your environment has changed completely - another OS, another browser, another version of TestComplete, thus nothing strange that something works not as it worked previously.

Does IE behave differently when started and restarted manually and via test code?

You do have a solution of how to maximize the browser when needed, doesn't it work for you?

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Occasional Contributor

@AlexKaras 

Does IE behave differently when started and restarted manually and via test code?

IE behave differently in my new Environment, in my perviously environment it's working fine via testcode.

You do have a solution of how to maximize the browser when needed, doesn't it work for you?

Yes, I have and it's working fine.

Community Hero

What @AlexKaras  is pointing out is this:

The environment changed... Therefore you SHOULD most DEFINITELY expect behavior to change unless you make specific efforts to adjust for the change in environment.  UI Based automation using tools like TestComplete have a lot to do with the environment.  

The solution:

1) Run IE using the exact same user profile that you are running TestComplete under and make sure it's maximized under that profile.  Keep in mind that running TestComplete "As Administrator" is a DIFFERENT profile and IE is run under THAT profile.  You will need to make sure that anything you do to configure your environment for TC execution is done under that profile

2) Add mitigation code to your project to account for potential change in environments.  I'm pretty sure this won't be the first time.  So, write a bit of code or keyword test that, when you launch IE, maximize it every time.  Easy enough code to do.  We have a keyword test that, at the beginning of every test case, we use to run our browser.  Basically, even if we have everything configured, we have this in place to make sure that the browser is ALWAYS maximized.  Simply... looks like this (see below).  So... if our environment changes, we get a new OS, we get a new version of TC, we have a user profile change, etc... the browser is always maximized

2019-01-21 08_54_04-Clipboard.png

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @tristaanogre and @AlexKaras.

I find out solution to my problem, Just need to add Command-line arguments: "-k".

Community Manager

Alex, Robert, thanks for sharing your suggestions.

@Adnan_Muzaffar, it's so great that you've found a solution!

Happy testing Smiley Happy

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new interview
Top Kudoed Authors