Forum Discussion

SZ_1
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Error "Object doesn't support this property or method" using .Exists of returned object from Find

I have suddenly started getting the error "Object doesn't support this property or method" at the statements .Exists of returned object from Find method. This is a widespread issue to a lot of different objects. The only way I know to get the test working is to change the statement to check the returned object for not null.

1. I don’t know if checking for not null will guarantee no problem accessing the properties of the objects.

2. This means I have to go through the whole test suite to change all of such statements

19 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What's changed between when it worked and when it failed?  Did you upgrade TestComplete?  

You are correct, the Find method is supposed to return a stub object if the object is not found with "Exists" as false.  So, something changed here.  A possibility could be that ViewArea (what you're calling the Find method from) failed at some point... you may have lost that object somewhere as well which would cause a number of issues.  Double check further up the script for fail points prior to this.

SZ_1
    Occasional Contributor

Also the same error message was logged for all of occurrences of accessing to exception property as show below:

Wamboo
      Community Hero

Hi,

What does the result of the variable "viewPort" return to you?